The Adoption Process
If you are interested in adopting from our Richmond, Virginia dog rescue, then please follow these steps to apply. Please note that we get many inquiries, and it is our goal to place the dogs in the best homes possible. We will do our best to get back in touch as quickly as possible once you follow all these procedures.
PICK OUT YOUR NEW FRIEND
View our Adoptable Dogs to see what we currently have available.
- If you are interested in meeting a specific dog, please fill out an Adoption Application to start the process.
- Also, we occasionally hold adoption events where you can come and meet our available dogs. Look at our Events on the Events page.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Once you have identified the dog(s) you are interested in meeting, you must submit an Adoption Application to FLOP.
- If you are selected to adopt the dog for which you specify on your application, you will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will NOT hear from us as we do not have the resources to respond to every single application. We do keep applications on file for 6 months, so if you see another dog of interest, let us know and we will consider your application again at that time.
- Submitting an Adoption Application does NOT guarantee or commit you to adopting a FLOP dog.
- Once an application is approved, you will be contacted to arrange a meet and greet with the dog(s) you are interested in.
ADOPTION FEE: $300.00
What’s included in an adoption fee?
- Medical/ Wellness Exam
- Vaccines: Rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvo, & parainfluenza)
- HW Test: SNAP 4Dx test (Heartworm, Lyme, Ehrlichia, & Anaplasma)
- Sterilization: Spay or Neuter
- Dental: Cleaning and extraction of teeth, if needed
- Microchip: Inserted between the shoulder blades for identification
- Fecal: Test for parasites and deworm accordingly